Thursday, March 26th, 2020 by Nichole Vane
Like all of us, you have no doubt gotten a number of emails recently about how companies are addressing the ongoing COVID-19 situation. Our entire team recognizes that we have a closer relationship with our customers than many of those other companies because we work in and around homes. One of the many benefits of working with a full-service remodeler like Precision Roofing Services is that we are equipped to take special precautions during this time to ensure that your home remains clean and safe.
First, it is important to know that most exterior projects do not require us to enter your home at all. In some cases, interior access (such as into an attic) can be accomplished without passing through a living space.
That said, here are just a few of the steps we have already implemented:
1) Requiring Isolation: We have determined that none of our employees have traveled internationally in the last 30 days. Any employee who travels out of the country, or uses mass transit even within the United States, will be asked to isolate for two weeks before returning to a work site. All company travel has been cancelled.
2) Greatly Reducing Occupational Exposure: We have taken concrete steps to create meaningful social distance within our team. Staff are not permitted to move between offices, large gatherings have been postponed or cancelled, small meetings are being taken online, and anyone who works in the field has been asked to work fully remotely. These steps should mean that our employees will primarily travel between their own homes and work sites, with little to no occupational exposure to others.
3) Paid Leave Policy: Our employees have been asked to err on the side of caution and will be staying home if they are under the weather, or if anyone in their household is experiencing flu-like symptoms. That time off will be compensated so that they do not feel like they need to choose between isolating and providing for their families.
4) Industry-Leading Hygiene Plan: Our employees are being equipped with disinfectant sprays to regularly clean tools, as well as any relevant portions of a work site. Employees have also been asked to keep six feet of distance from customers, and we have asked them to replace handshakes with first bumps or just a friendly wave. We will also continue to clean our work areas at the end of each day as we always have.
5) Limiting In-Home Movement: Employees have been asked to enter as little of your home as possible. As above, many exterior projects do not require us to enter your home at all. We are happy to move any bathroom usage to an offsite location at your request. If we do enter your home, we will wear disposable boot covers and thoroughly clean our hands before entering.
6) Hygiene Training: All of our employees are being trained on, and are required to follow, the CDC guidelines for reducing transmission, including frequent hand washing.
We are sensitive that this is a unique and concerning time for many families. Our guiding principle has always been to treat each customer’s home as if it were our own, and these steps are just the beginning of our commitment to help keep your home clean, safe, and beautiful.
If you or any member of your household is experiencing flu-like symptoms, we ask that you please contact us immediately.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to enhance your comfort having our team out to your home.
our service area